About the Foundation
The American Board of Pediatrics Foundation is a supporting organization of the ABP. Founded in 1986 with initial funding from the ABP, the Foundation operates separately from the ABP and is governed by its own Board of Directors and bylaws (PDF).
The vision and mission of the Foundation inform all of our work.
Inspiring a lifetime pursuit of learning to improve child health
Supporting the mission of the ABP through research and engagement
We affirm the four core values of the American Board of Pediatrics as they relate to our mission:
- Consistency: Making unbiased decisions based on the ABP Foundation’s guiding principles and policies
- Excellence: Striving to do our best work
- Reliability: Living up to responsibilities and commitments
- Transparency: Sharing non-confidential information openly
The ABP Foundation conducts work that:
- Aligns with the mission, values, and guiding principles of the ABP;
- Embraces the diversity of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults (hereafter “children”) and their families and addresses their shared and unique needs;
- Informs and improves the value and outcomes of the ABP’s assessment, education, and practice improvement activities;
- Builds on our unique niche in the pediatric community;
- Promotes research, evaluation, and program development in areas that are not routinely funded by other organizations;
- Disseminates learnings broadly to improve the health and well-being of children and families; and
- Listens to, learns from, and collaborates with the public, pediatricians, and organizations involved in pediatric education, practice, research, and advocacy.