ABP Performance Improvement Modules (PIMs) are web-based tools that enable you, as a pediatrician, to implement improvements in clinical care using quality improvement methods. PIMs guide you through the process of collecting and analyzing practice data over time and documenting improved quality of care. You can conduct this activity within your practice, working with your own patients, and can work in collaboration with other pediatricians.
An ABP PIM allows you to:
- Collect the relevant prospective performance data using visit forms downloaded from the PIM, or using online survey tools.
- Enter performance data (baseline through interventions) into the PIM, over time.
- Select improvement strategies suggested by the PIM.
- View performance feedback run charts on summary measures calculated by the PIM.
- Work independently or compare your progress with other colleagues.
- Link to external resources from within the PIM.
To Access Activity:
- Log into your ABP Portfolio
- Click on My MOC Requirements
- Click on the green Find Improvement in Practice Activities (Part 4) button
- Click on the white Find online Improvement in Practice Modules button
- Under Activity Sponsor, click on "American Board of Pediatrics"